Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Paradise and its Paranoid Parents

Felisha's school has a really weird way of doing their spring break. They break it up and give the kids long 4 day weekends spaced out throughout March and April. I don't understand the method to their madness as it's completely foreign to me and we have moved around a lot! Being the ultra cool fun mom that I am I took my kiddos and one of Felisha's girlfriends to Coco Keys indoor water resort on Monday. The place is normally closed Mon.-Wed. but beings as though its spring break they were open which worked out great for us!

The girls kinda went off and did their own thing while me and Braden hung out. He's a trip! Really shocked me as he was rather low key for a change. Normally I have this rambunctious little 2 year old that is constantly running and jumping and climbing on anything and everything in sight but here...different story! I guess that first time down the slide scared him off as he plunged his little face into the water. He enjoyed the stairs tho...of all things! He's also not a fan of getting splashed with water as it does make one cold but always a cheerleader for others!

I must be one of the most laid back mothers alive. Some moms are so uptight! Kids are kids! Little ones don't realize that giving someone a hug in the water can appear as a choke hold, or that patting someone on on the back can push them over, over even that patting someone on the head (why one would is beyond me and thank goodness we don't live in a country that shuns that, except at the pool!) can appear as though there is a drowning taking place. Kids and parents alike can make friends in a minute as we are all there to have fun. They can even write you off in less than a minute as they think your child intentionally caused a spill. This I believe is the reason they have a small bar in the resort! Those are the mommy's that NEED a drink to chill out and relax. I on the other hand don't need any as I can keep my cool and remember that these small little people we all love so much are human and make mistakes and for gosh sakes they are kids! What do you expect? They don't mean any harm by it! And if your kid wasn't hurt just brush it off and watch them enjoy themselves and their new found water buddies! Live a little! Take a breath! They are still breathing!



Here are a few photos from our wet and wild day




























I just love this picture of Braden all tuckered out! He crawled into my lap and hugged me so tightly and fell asleep while waiting on our pizza!












-Don't worry, me and Braden both got haircuts the next day as we were looking pretty shaggy! We have nice short locks now!

Ya cant help but envy his eyelashes! So pretty!













We spent a lot of time cheering people on as they came down the slides

















By the time we left we were sooo tired! As soon as we got home we all crashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment