Sunday, March 22, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You



















Movie reviews for:
'He's Just Not That Into You'

Being the nanny deprived mother that I am sometimes I just have to suck it up and do things with the kids I'd really rather not. You know how kids can really just cramp ones style! All needy and sucking your attention from more important things like a good chick flick. I'm kidding I swear! I love them both to death but you have you taken a 2 year old to the movies lately?

Imagine a child if you will, cute one at that, sitting at the movies drinking his little strawberry banana smoothie all quiet and peacefully enjoying the movie. Eventually this must come to an end! I mean he is 2! So I managed to grab his little tush and dash to the concessions for reinforcements being popcorn and sour patch kids to keep my little one from fussing. Then as he tires of his drink, popcorn and what was left after me and Felisha devoured most of the candy(oops) and the movie he notices the stairs next to his seat. As some find it fun to climb the stairs and walk back and forth down the aisles while the movie is playing the mommy type (and other movie patrons I'm sure) find it just a bit...less enjoying. Oh how fun it is to try to watch a movie and a busy 2 year old in a dark theater. Lets just say this.....I don't advise this to anyone!

















Get your kid outta here! He's ruining the show!

So, for my movie review on 'Hes Just Not That Into You'...Well, first off we stopped for smoothies at Sheridan's so we were running late. Oh and a tidbit most people don't know is that some theaters actually do allow you to bring in your own snacks and drinks. We usually hit an AMC theater nearby and paying for all our goodies once they said you can bring in your own junk. Oh Yeah! I get more looks from other movie patrons than you would believe as the employees there never bat an eye at me carrying in my own drink.

Ok, so I missed the first oh 10-15 minutes which I'm sure had to be good. But you can easily catch onto what was missed. Gigi, is a hoot! I loved her character as she desperately awaits for this guy to call her. Or any guy for that matter! Mary too as with all the technology these days....you never know how someone is going to contact you! The other characters are all in different situations relationship-wise as well so makes for an interesting movie. Lots of little twists and such. I'm not going to spoil the movie but it was a pretty good chick flick. I'm sure I'd of enjoyed it much more if I was privileged enough to have a nanny!

I'd definitely like to see the movie again....without my little guy.

Another movie I saw that I'm surprised is still playing (here anyway) is 'Gran Torino'. That movie was really really good and made me cry. Very good...must see!

I already told you how much I loved loved loved 'Shopaholic'! Oh and the book is just awesome. I'm not going to say way better than the movie because they are actually quite different and yet both are very very good! I need to get the other books in the series as I'm sure they are all equally as adorable!

As I was privileged enough to take a 2 year old to the theaters today, someone else was deprived of the little guy and enjoyed the movie 'Knowing'. Reviews on that was very good as well. But lets remember here that any movie without a 2 year old can be much more easily enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment