Sunday, April 19, 2009

She Got Skillz!

My sister has some mad sewing skillz that I simply do not possess. I love and envy my sister for her talented sewing abilities but wonder where in the heck my sewing skills are! In order to bring our love of handmade and uniquely different things a bit closer I purchased a sewing machine last summer and it just simply hasn't had much action. As much as I enjoy tinkering with it (when I actually get a chance to pull it out and play) nothing much has come from it. I've made some very simple, plain curtains and that's about it.














-Please don't look too closely at them either for they are flawed for sure! My pillow making attempt is pretty bad-hence the solo pillow! Poor things they are! I really do love this window seat as its me and Braden's favorite reading spot!

Beings as I love to shop and find fun new things and dream of taking them home and wearing them out and being stopped every ten minutes cause I look so stinkin' haute........reality kicks in when I see the price tag and have to suck it up and walk away. Sometimes I get this crazy notion to try to recreate things I've seen...or better yet snap a picture and email it to my sister with a pleasey please I'm your favorite sister (and only but that's besides the point) request for her to make me one (only cuter of course) with her much more accomplished sewing abilities.

Prime example:

















Ginnifer Goodwin's red and white dress is simple but cute. I saw this picture and thought of my sister right away. I mean this really doesn't look tooooooo terribly hard to sew right? I think I may have to get a cutesy mannequin to play around with things, or just sit to around looking pretty like my sewing machine! Although I may have already done one better...I emailed this picture to my sis explaining how it looks fairly simple and she could add this to her summer line and make it for all ages!

As far as I know my sister actually reads my blog (and should totally be getting busy with this project! ha ha). If there are others out there that do...thank you as I'm impressed anyone would want to read what I have to say! And if you can sew I'm a size small!

No comments:

Post a Comment