Friday, April 10, 2009

No More Hannah Please!

So I moved here a year ago and am just now aware of a great babysitting service. People simply pull up, hand their kids some cash and kick them out of the car at the local movie theater. Why was I not informed of this sooner? I mean gosh can I drop Braden off on one of his bad days so I can go shopping or get some cleaning done or catch a nap or better yet go out and party it up? He's quite cute and I'm sure he could work his magic and share some cute girls popcorn. Seriously tho, I've never been to this particular theater before which happens to be closer and smaller than my usual stop and I easily see why. I'm not between the ages of 12 and 16 and looking somewhat like a parental figure I stood out a bit. Lets put it this way, I think the theater patrol/security man a.k.a head babysitter/disciplinarian was relieved to see another adult in the sea of raging hormonal teenagers. I asked him if he felt like a babysitter and he claims that's all he is. On the plus side of his babysitting career he doesn't have to change stinky diapers and wash poo off their feet (read previous post).

So what movie review do I have for you today? Hannah Montana. Please don't get all excited and jump up and down for joy like I did (or didn't). I was honestly shocked my daughter and her girlfriend wanted to see this movie. Didn't take me long to catch on why...boys! Apparently Miley's childhood friend is cute. I just wasn't seeing it, I mean he's no Robert Pattinson/hot vampire so no lusting for me! The movie wasn't all that great but then again this is my review of the movie and sadly I'm no longer a preteen that finds young guys under 17 hot. I wasn't impressed with the movie or the story or really any of it. Hannah Montana is sooo over in my book.









I have to laugh at myself though as 2 years ago or so I remember getting up bright and early and driving over to Centurytel to purchase Hannah Montana concert tickets only to have them sell out online and only 5 people were actually able to purchase tickets at the window out of a few hundred (myself included) causing the rest of us to be sent home empty handed. I laugh because I actually considered paying the ridiculous couple hundred bucks (via scalper) to take her to the sold out concert. So glad I was such a tightwad and didn't make it to see her lip sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment