Thursday, April 23, 2009

Home

Home is where I sleep. People always ask where 'home' is as I'm not from the area. In my line of work I'm referred to as a 'transplant'. Yes I voluntarily chose to transfer and move north again and have to deal with the cold and snow and wind and crazy weather but aside from the absurd weather (I prefer the warmer climates) I like it here so far. I have a tendency to move around a bit and have fond memories from every place I've ever lived but to refer to one as 'home' I can't do. Most people tend to think the place you grew up or where most of your family resides is 'home' but I disagree because well quite frankly I don't live there or feel that its my home anymore. Its just a place I used to live.

I've lived way up north in the land of cheese otherwise known as Wisconsin, the land of basketball and cornfields they call Indiana, picked up a bit of a southern accent in Kentucky, refined it a tad in Texas and now back north I go. Along the way I have found I will always have a special place in my heart for cheese curds, fresh sweet corn, sweet tea (I mean sweet southern sweet good stuff), and meat pies. When visiting my old stomping grounds I always have to stop in at certain restaurants I frequented during my stays. Just thinking about my fave restaurants Royal Thai comes to mind. While in Bowling Green, KY or Nashville (although I only visited the BG location a lotta lot) one must make this their stop. I ate there all the time and the waiters knew us well and our usual! Best food eva! The 101 and 501 with chicken and make it Thai! Yummmm! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I know I turned a lot of people onto that small restaurant and should totally be receiving commission any day now but I won't hold my breath over it!

The hardest part of moving is leaving your friends. This is really starting to take a toll on Felisha as shes getting older. That poor girl has been to 7 different schools (unless I'm forgetting any) and shes only in the 4th grade. Usually its from moving state to state due to work as I 'Follow the Money' as I call it. But this time I'm choosing to pull her from her school to be closer to work and the city. Lucky for her one of her best gals mother does my hair and as I'm forever changing my 'do' she doesn't have to worry about losing contact with her! One cannot trust just anyone with their hair! I do love my girls at the salon tho. They give the lowdown on everything and I value their opinion as they know all (locally speaking).

While I procrastinate packing this house (by blogging obviously)










I get to move into this









ok so maybe its a little bigger than the picture lets on....but not by much!

No comments:

Post a Comment