Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kan I get a Buck

Being laid off from work has its perks! Back in the beginning of Dec. I think it was when we were informed we would be off work from Christmas to Feb. 9th. I thought to myself oh my heck I can get soooo much much needed crap done around the house. So while I was still working I'd think to myself how I'm going to go through everything in my house and garage(what a joke, its cold out there) and toss and organize and just relax and chill the rest of the time. Sounds great right. Very reasonable and sensible and oh so smart too. Well I, or my lazy heiney anyway, have rushed right into the relax and chill zone. I don't feel that I've really accomplished a thing since I've been off work for over a month now. Shame on me! I know! So here I was with only 2 more weeks of 'relax and chill time' and I decide its now or never. I cleaned out my way cool secret walk in pantry. Then low and behold they added another week! Yipppeeee! So what has my panic stricken self been doing? You guessed it...relax and chill! That was why they threw that extra week in there right? Not so I could procrastinate even longer because I would soooooooo never do that! I mean I did actually get one major task checked off my list. Horah for me!

So what exactly does one do while they are not working? Call up my good friends Mr. Lame O from Louisiana and Mr. Kan I get a Buck Buck Kansas as we have a love hate bipolar relationship of sorts. Filing for unemployment is very stressful. I worked in LA but lived in TX till I transferred to KS but live in MO. Now the wonderful automated Unemployment Department services are unable to follow and compute my highly regarded work/travel visa. So instead I must dial, hold and be hung up on repeatedly by Mr. Lame O and Mr. Kan I get a Buck. Just when I've dialed for the 100th time on any given day one of my fine friends will actually put me on hold so that I can learn a bit about them, such as their musical interests. Would you know it they are both Lame O's and only like elevator music. Where do I find these guys? All I have to say is thank you somebody for speakerphone! As I wait to be put through I manage quite a bit of daily duties. I mean I've been able to prepare, eat, and clean up after breakfast and lunch, do my toes, hair and makeup only to be disconnected and do it all over again. Its been an ordeal. I mean how does someone I've never met in person have the nerve to hang up on me when I've been holding for a response for like 2 hours? Just as I'm about to ring their necks they put me on hold once again and then finally, finally I hear a voice! That voice I'de been waiting on was a womans? And here I was all ready to use my sexy voice to get what I needed. All my luck! So anyway I was finally able to get some paperwork processed and I'm hoping to have some moullah coming in soon!

So why did my employer add another week? I believe to compensate for my new found bipolar tightwad boyfriends. Or should I say girlfriend?

But I'll take it. I mean someones gotta make sure that couch isn't going anywhere!

My BFF













Always as appalled as I am when put on hold or hung up on.

P.S. If I'm unable to make phone calls its because my demanding boyfriends have used up all my minutes. Way to go strangers!

P.P.S. I can still text tho suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment