Friday, January 30, 2009

The Big Stake Out

They've got their people...I've got mine. That's right. Me and Braden were on a stake out. It all started with this black van. You know those big old vans with no windows. The ones crooks and robbers and child grabbers drive. Well there has been one parked at the end of my street all stinkin day long! This van has no label on it, that I can see anyway, and has one of the back doors open and ready to just throw someone in and jet. My daughter rides the bus to and from school everyday and the van is at her stop which could seem a bit suspicious to the motherly sorts.













So that's where me and Braden come into play.
As we know the exact, or approximate, time the bus would be arriving to drop her off. We stake out in Sissy's room. Why, because its cleaner than Braden's at the moment. And her bed is higher, therefore way funner to jump on!












Don't you love how Braden is sooo into this with his game face on and all! Ok, so he is totally checking himself out in the mirror as always! I don't know where he gets it! But hey, he's doing a great job as my accomplice. And so we wait...

Finally the big yellow bus arrives.













Its now or never nabbers!

Our girl is now into view and heading this way.












I'm now wondering why we didn't have fancy code names picked out like buttercup and lemon drop.

And she has now entered the door.













Yes she made it home safe and sound today. And yes the van is still down at the end of my street. With the door still open I might add. I have no idea what the heck is going on down there and I still haven't seen a person outside over there to save my soul. But....... there's always Monday.....And we'll be prepared!

P.S. No I'm not some overbearing, neurotic, crazy mother that believes someone is out to grab their kids. Just a little observant and cautious is all. Oh and bored out of my stinkin mind so I thought I'd make a post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment