Tuesday, January 27, 2009

At Least She Claims Some Family

I try to do my part in not embarrassing my children by publicly running around in my housecoat with no makeup on and my hair all looking like Medusa. Ok, so maybe I do this every now and then if I have to drop Felisha off at school because its too cold to wait on the bus but I make sure no one sees me! I am however fully aware that as a parental figure I must not hug and kiss my daughter in public. Instead I opt to make sure she's got her phone on her so I can text her all the mushy gushys I want. Pretty smart huh? Well maybe not as I'm only to be ignored and not get a response back because texting your mom is apparently uncool when with friends. But there is hope. For instance the other day she had Readers Theater and I was all 'Alright I'll be there' and was informed by Miss Thang herself that I need not to come. Which I believed meant don't sit in the front, don't make a scene, and most importantly Do Not act like you know me. I'm down with that. Like I said I'm not out to embarrass her. So I show up with my hair done and my face on and no housecoat.

Braden on the other hand is completely clueless on what keeps his sis cool. He totally blew our cover as he kept yelling 'Zizzy' and keeping an eye on her whereabouts. As he was getting restless from time to time the attention was drawn to us. Needless to say after the show kids were asking if he was her brother and without any hesitation or regret she claimed him! And with a sincere smile on her face! I'm so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment