Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Too cool already?

So with Valentines Day approaching and a child in elem. school we had to hit up Target over the weekend for Valentines for the class. What kind of Valentines was my daughter wanting to find...Twilight. Could not find any traces of a Twilight Valentine. 'Can you believe this' says my daughter? 'They have High School Musical 3 but no Twilight?' I was just as shocked! She is so completely obsessed with Twilight! Don't even get me started on her OCD (Obsessive Cullen Disorder, if you've seen the movie or read the book you will understand what I mean)!

Last week she brought home this paper telling about the class party and bringing in Valentines and so forth. Then I got to the part where they are to bring in something to put their Valentines in and to be creative. This was just screaming craft project! So I ask her repeatedly what she would like to do for this project. Doesn't have any ideas so we head over to Joann's and leave empty handed. I think to myself she will be so proud of her mother if I make her this beautiful handsewn basket in fun festive fabrics! She just wasn't thrilled with the idea after I purchased the instructions online. Go figure. So I take her to Hobby Lobby and told her I was going to take a brown gift bag and decorate it and add some googly eyes and it would be sooo cute. Well I found out that's just not cool either. So I'm like girl what do you want to do? She says just decorate a shoe box. A shoe box? Are you kidding me? Where is the creativity in that? So instead I find this cute paper mache box with handles. Sooo cute. Was all ready to find some red and hearts and all that to put on it but once again not cool. Instead 'I' am to decorate it with Amy Butler's scrapbook paper.













This has to be done by Friday morning....why do I torture myself so?

No comments:

Post a Comment