Friday, February 13, 2009

Finished Easter Basket?

I did it! I may have waited to the last minute but I successfully finished Felisha's Easter looking Valentine's bag. She didn't want anything all red and heartsy and all Valentine looking. I think we accomplished that.














Looking like an Easter Basket? Yup. Totally. But ya know what, it's just more functional this way. And it goes perfectly in her room!












I love her bedroom. I think she has the prettiest bedroom in the house. I try to take naps and just hang out in her room while shes gone but shhhhh! She has the big windows with the half circle window thingy up above them bringing in lots of sunlight. And I love all the yellow! It's my favorite color! I've been trying to bring out more of the blue and green in her pillows. I may be onto something here.

I've been trying to find a pretty big letter F to go above her bed but all I find are plain F's and the sizes are way to big or too small. I was thinking a paper mache or wooden F that I could paint or decorate with some of that Amy Butler scrapbook paper. I love Amy Butler stuff. Was also thinking about getting some coordinating Amy Butler fabric and bringing in some more colors by making some new pillowcases as the pillows at the back are part of her sheet set. Oh and Amy's bedside organizer for the reading diva that she is!

I don't have any red anywhere in my house so making it all super festive, or at least red anyway, she'd get one use out of it and it would end up in a closet unseen, unused(well I may have some junk that could go in it), and forever forgotten about. So come Easter time she's got her a way cute(I think) bag! Although at the rate we're going she'll be too cool for Easter Eggs. I'll just have to make it a point to tuck her gift into it!

Curious on how I made it? Ran back to Hobby Lobby and found an acrylic paint in with all the Artist painting supplies. Painted the inside, bottom and sides. I used mod podge to adhere the Amy Butler scrapbook paper to the bottom of the inside and the front and back of the bag. Tied a matching blue ribbon on and it's finished! So easy and fun to do! They did have one of those bags a size smaller....

P.S. Happy Friday the 13th! I'm not superstitious but have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment