Wednesday, May 13, 2009

For the Love of Books

After a bad circle of events I call 'life' that I totally tire of its always good to know that one can count on retail therapy to somewhat spring them back to their usually perky, witty, fun loving self. Ah, the power a store can hold!

I've come to find out my new location really is 'a good thing' as Martha would say. I'm minutes from shopping and restaurants and totally took advantage of this today. It may appear as though I have neglected my blog/s lately but I have a lot of issues I'm trying to work through lately and haven't really been feeling like myself. I do however enjoy blogging as its a way to express myself and journal and document things because I've decided I'm totally not cut out to be a scrapbooking diva so this will have to suffice. Sorry kiddos!

After being a good mother and enrolling my daughter back in school for the last 10 days here we had us a girls nite. We went for dinner and strolled around our new shopping center. After blowing a wad at Barnes and Noble we hit up Cold Stone for some I scream, u scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM! Its good to know that everyone followed our lead and packed the place on a Wed. night and that girls will still sacrifice comfort to sport their ever brightly hued stiletto's in order to impress us with their almost nonexistent walking abilities in them! I do hope those poor girls enjoyed their ice cream cause I know their feet were killing them!

I think I've mentioned before how me and Felisha can easily find peace amongst a book store. I don't know if its the smell of fresh new books, big comfy seats, the leisurely atmosphere or the smell of Starbucks but we do love our Barnes and Noble trips. Or any other bookstore really, we're not partial! We both enjoy reading and bringing home new books to curl up with. Today's trip was more along the lines of 'classics'. Children's classics to be exact and I don't know how we managed that but we were both pleased with our selections. The Giving Tree (in hardback 40 year edition ooh la la) has always touched my heart. Every time I see it in plain view I have to pick it up and sit my big ole booty on the little seats and read it. Always makes me think about life. Falling Up is a book I haven't read in ages but Felisha was very excited to snatch this one up. She loves it. The Missing Piece, I really don't remember this book at all but love it so now. Ya, I guess we kinda had a thing for Shel Silverstein tonight! I may as well have bought all of his books tonight but I didn't. We'll save that for another day! Made You Look, cause who doesn't love those Where's Waldo kinda books?!! And last but not least our beloved Harold and the Purple Crayon. I think Braden will love the Harold books. Reminds me of my little monkey boy! I already like to think he loves his Curious George books cause they are so much alike! And if Braden decides to whip a purple crayon out everywhere.......I'll know who got him started!

No comments:

Post a Comment